Congratulations on your new puppy! As cute as they are, living with a new puppy can be challenging. Our puppy school is great for new puppy owners looking for a leg up on training for their puppy. Our puppy school is a daylong school where your puppy will enjoy playtime, training, and socialization along with other dogs and puppies of all breeds, ages, and sizes. Dog Den Chicago only accepts 5 training prospects at one time to allocate the most attention and time to each dog in our care. Because of this, we recommend reserving a training program ahead of when you want your dog to visit with us.
When & Where?
Your puppy will join us at our facility in Forest Park. We have a pre-determined start and end dates. Please inquire about our next available start date!
Length of Program
Your puppy will come to our facility 3 days a week for 6 weeks.
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
12 weeks (3 months) to 6 months.
- Your dog must be no older than 6 months at the start of the program.
Included in the Program
- Crate training through crate games.
- Safe and proper socialization skills with other people, dogs, and the city environment.
- Teaching your puppy good behaviors and manners through "shaping".
- Name recognition
- Foundations of basic obedience (sit, down, leave it).
- Nail maintenance throughout the duration of the course.
- Access to our private Facebook group where you can post pictures, videos, etc.
- Private or semi-private lessons for you to watch what your puppy has learned, ask questions, and learn how to continue training at home. Each week, you will have homework to do with your puppy.
What to Bring with Your Dog
- Food: if you would like your dog to regularly eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at our facility, please bring their meals in disposable bags with their names on the bags. If you would like to leave weeks worth of food, we ask that you bring it in a large zip lock bag, jewel bag, etc. so we can switch it to our containers for storage.
- Completed Registration with vaccination records on file. Required vaccines are Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies (if your puppy is old enough).
- Trial Day (dogs must be dog friendly to participate in our training programs)
- Flat Collar: Your dog must wear a properly fitting flat, or Martingale. If your dog normally wears a harness, please provide a flat collar for your dog to wear during their stay.
- Fleas and ticks can spread easily. We recommend having your dog on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Although it is not required, it's highly recommended to have your dog do multiple daycare visits prior to the start of their program. The more comfortable your dog is, the better results you'll receive!
Deposit and Payment
We require a nonrefundable deposit of 30% to reserve your dog's place. The remaining balance will be divided into weekly payments for the duration of the training course. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to any other service.