Congratulations on your new puppy! Dog Den’s puppy preschool is a 4 week immersive socialization program where your puppy will focus on preparing to be a well rounded adult dog. The world can be a scary place to some pups, so we focus on desensitizing them to various sights, sounds, smells, and handling exercises to help navigate the world better.
When & Where?
Puppy Preschool takes place right at our facility in Forest Park, Illinois on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays . Drop off is from 7:00am - 9:00am and pick up is anytime from 4:00pm - 6:30pm.
- New Preschool programs start on the first Monday of every month.
Length of Program
Preschool runs for 4 weeks for a total of 12 visits. (3 visits a week x 4 weeks).
Up to 5 months.
$1,500 per puppy.
During Puppy Preschool
While your puppy is away at school, they will begin to learn life skills such as:
- Name recognition.
- Anchoring exercises.
- Crate acclimation.
- Vet restraints (setting your dog up for success with the vet).
- Handling exercises.
- Socialization to different textures, sounds, etc.
- Containing excitement for other dogs and people.
- Foundations of potty training.
- Grooming handling exercises.
What is included
- Private or semi-private lessons for you to watch what your puppy has learned, ask questions, and learn how to continue training at home. Each week, you will have homework to do with your puppy.
- 1 follow up lesson after the program has ended.
What to Bring with Your Dog
- Food: Please bring their meals in disposable bags with their names on the bags. If you would like to leave weeks worth of food, we ask that you bring it in a large zip lock bag, Jewel bag, etc. so we can switch it to our containers for storage.
- Completed Registration with up to date vaccination records on file. As puppies go through their rounds of puppy shots, we need to keep accurate records.
- Puppies are required to have their first two rounds of their vaccinations for Bordetella, distemper, parvo and rabies.
- Fleas and ticks can spread easily. We recommend having your dog on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
Deposit and Payment
We require a non-refundable deposit of $500 to reserve your dog's place. The remaining balance is due at the end of the program. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to any other service. Payment can also be made in full. Any balance due on the last day of school will be billed to the card on file.