Basic Board & Train
General Board and Train Information
Den Chicago only accepts 5 training prospects at one time to allocate the most attention and time to each dog in our care. Because of this, we recommend reserving a training program ahead of when you want your dog to stay with us. The best program for your dog will be determined by the trainer doing your dog’s evaluation.
Dog Den Chicago stands behind their training methods, however, the individual success of you and your dog after leaving their training program depends on your commitment to continuing your dog’s training. We cannot make any guarantee for your dog’s success during the training course or after.
Basic Board & Train Program Details
Basic Board and Train is a 14-day program to give dogs a foundation in basic obedience such as sit, place, stay, and loose leash walking. This program is recommended for young dogs that have no prior obedience skills or older dogs that need a refresher on their basic skills. This 2 week-long program will teach your dog basic obedience skills as well as introducing them to engagement activities and markers. Your dog will board in our facility for the entire duration of their training program. During the last 3 days of your dog’s Board and Train Program (Days 12, 13, and 14) you are invited to come in to learn how to maintain your dog's newly learned skills. Minor behavioral issues such as jumping, or overly excited, friendly greetings may be addressed.
Dog-friendly dogs will be allowed to play with our other daycare and boarding dog’s in-group play. These playgroups are a great time for your dog to socialize with other dogs in a controlled environment.
Length of Stay
Your dog will stay at Dog Den for the entire 14 days.
What is Included
- Training collar
- Exit Bath
- 3 transfer lessons while your dog is currently in our Board & Train program
- 6 private lessons once your dog has completed our Board & Train program.
- 1 year of phone and email support.
6 months old and older
What to Bring For Your Dog’s Stay
- Food: Enough food for your dog’s entire stay in a reusable bag (zip-locks, plastic bag, etc.)
- No large containers, unopened bags, or new bags of food unless it is the amount needed
- If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $4 per day.
- Medication: If your dog needs medication, we require detailed written instructions with your dog's name, description of medicine, and the correct dosage on a separate sheet of paper, not just on the bottle. For example Fido, Aqpouel a white pill, once a day in the morning, 16mg.
- Dogs must be cooperative when taking medication (i.e. will easily take their medicine with food, pill pocket, hot dog, etc.) to ensure they receive their medication.
- If dogs need medicine more than 2 times per day, recommended that the client should board their dog at a vet’s office.
- NO INJECTIONS
- Belongings: You are welcome to bring one toy or blanket from home, but we cannot guarantee the objects will be returned in the same condition when the dog goes home. One blanket and one toy maximum. Personal items are not required.
- Completed Registration and training evaluation.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after their heat cycle. If your dog goes into heat during their board and train program, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your dog immediately.
- Fleas and ticks can spread easily. We recommend having your dog on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Flat Collar: Your dog must wear a properly fitting flat, Martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please provide a proper collar for your dog to wear throughout their stay. During your dog’s Board and Train program, we will properly fit them for their training collar.
Deposit and Payment:
We require a nonrefundable deposit of 30%. The remaining balance will be divided into two payments: half of the balance on day-one (drop off), and the remaining balance on the last day of Board & Train (pick up).
Currently, we do not have a cancellation policy for all Board and Train programs. Deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable to another service.