Drop off your dog while you work or need time to yourself! Dog friendly dogs will play in our playgroups based temperament in our outdoor and indoor area. They will also have frequent one on one attention and playtime from staff throughout the day.
It’s best to reserve your spot as soon as possible. Due to our high demand for daycare, all daycare guests must have a confirmed reservation at least 24 hours in advanced. Although we require 24 hours, this does not guarantee a spot in daycare. Daycare reservations are on a first come first serve basis. We do not accept walk-in or same day daycare appointments.
Our top priority is safety at Dog Den Chicago. All new daycare dogs are required to go through a one-day evaluation process. Our one day evaluation acts as their first day of daycare. During this time your dog will be evaluated by our staff to determine if our facility is a good fit. Evaluations are by appointment only and cost the price of one daycare visit ($32).
In order to participate in an evaluation, our registration forms must be filled out and your dogs vaccination record on file. Please see our daycare requirements below.
- All dogs must be up to date on their Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines and remain current during their entire stay. Dogs who do not have all of their vaccines will not be accepted for daycare.
- Dogs must be dog friendly (as observed and determined by Dog Den Chicago staff) to participate in our dog daycare.
- Dogs who are not dog friendly (as observed and determined by Dog Den Chicago staff) are not eligible for our dog daycare.
- Puppies that are 8 weeks and have their first round of shots may participate in daycare.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after. Male dogs, even unneutered, can become possessive over a female in heat. Before returning to daycare, females should receive a bath once their heat cycle has finished to wash away any lingering smells. If your dog goes into heat during daycare, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your female immediately.
- Intact males are welcomed for daycare on a case-by-case basis and may be excused for poor behavior.
- Fleas can spread easily. We recommend having your dogs on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Dogs must wear a properly fitting flat, martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please bring a collar for them to wear during daycare. If your dog does not come with a collar, you may rent one for $3 per day or buy one for $10 - $15 dollars.
- Dogs 6 months and older may only have one (1) meal during daycare, unless medically necessary. Dog’s over 6 months have the option of breakfast (7:00am - 7:30am) or dinner (4:00pm - 5:00pm). If you would like your dog to enjoy breakfast with us, please arrive between 7:00am - 7:30am. Allowing your dog to eat multiple meals during daycare results in loss of playtime. For every meal your dog receives, they must be on cage rest for 45 minutes to allow for proper digestion. According to VCA Animal Hospitals, a proper feeding schedule is two meals per day 6 months and older.
- If your dog needs breakfast, lunch or dinner; food must be brought in a ziplock bag labeled with their name. Reusable containers may not returned in their original condition or may get lost
- Please no blankets, beds, or toys during daycare
While your dog is here
Whether or not your dog has been involved in daycare or boarding before, Dog Den Chicago is a little different from most other facilities as we offer both indoor AND outdoor playtime. We abide by the “crate and rotate” method of group play to reduce the number of dog guests who may become over stimulated and grumpy. Anyone needing a break can have a rest in a quiet area until they are ready to rejoin the group.
Tentative Daily Schedule
7:00 - 8:00 am Breakfast
- Dog Den is open to the public.
- Dogs who bring food with them will eat at this time
- It is important for dogs to digest their meals before playing so we encourage them to relax during this time in their crate after eating.
- Guests who eat at home begin playing
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Playgroup
All of our dog friendly boarding, daycare, and board and train participants participate in playgroup. We abide by the “crate and rotate” method of group play to reduce the number of dog guests who may become overstimulated and grumpy. Anyone needing a break can have a rest in a quiet area until they are ready to rejoin the group.
*Group size and composition will vary day to day. Playgroup is a mixed group of dogs of all ages and sizes, with special considerations for very young, small, large, or elderly dogs. Greater number of dogs with similar characteristics may prompt several smaller groups
12:00 - 2:00 pm Nap time and Lunch for puppies under 6 months
- Closed to the public.
- Puppies under 6 months will receive lunch.