Drop off your dog while you work or need time to yourself! Dog friendly dogs will play in our playgroups based temperament in our outdoor and indoor area. They will also have frequent one on one attention and playtime from staff throughout the day.
Due to our high demand for daycare, all daycare guests must have a confirmed reservation at least 24 hours in advanced. We do not accept walk-in daycare.
- Dogs must be dog friendly (as observed and determined by Dog Den Chicago staff) to participate in our dog daycare.
- Dogs who are not dog friendly (as observed and determined by Dog Den Chicago staff) are not eligible for our dog daycare.
- Puppies that are 8 weeks and have their first round of shots may participate in daycare.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after. Male dogs, even unneutered can become possessive over a female in heat. Before returning to daycare, females should receive a bath once their heat cycle has finished to wash anyway any lingering smells.
- Intact males are welcomed for daycare on a case-by-case basis and may be excused for poor behavior.
- All dogs must be up to date on their Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines and remain current during their entire stay. Dogs who do not have all of their vaccines will not be accepted for daycare.
- Fleas can spread easily. We recommend having your dogs on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- If your dog needs breakfast, lunch or dinner; food must be in a ziplock bag labeled with their name. Reusable containers may not returned in their original condition or may get lost.
- Dogs are required to wear a properly fitting flat, martingale, or slip collar. If your dog does not have a collar to wear while at Dog Den you are required to rent one for $3 per day at the facility.
While Your Dog is Here
Your dog will have plenty of playtime in our indoor and outdoor play areas. We strive to be as crate-free as possible, but just like children, dogs can get grumpy if they are overtired. That's why we have mandatory naptime for all dogs. Naptime is extremely important for our pups as it gives them a chance to recharge their batteries for the afternoon.
Tentative Daily Schedule
7:00 - 8:00 am - Morning Go Out
- Our dog guests are enjoying fresh air in our outdoor play yard.
8:00 - 9:00 am - Breakfast
- Dogs who bring food with them will eat at this time
- It is important for dogs to digest their meals before playing so we encourage them to relax during this time in their crate after eating.
- Guests who eat at home begin playing
9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Playgroup
- All of our boarding, daycare, and board and train participants participate in playgroup. We abide by the “crate and rotate” method of group play to reduce the number of dog guests who may become overstimulated and grumpy. Anyone needing a break can have a rest in a quiet area until they are ready to rejoin the group.
*Group size and composition will vary day to day. Playgroup is a mixed group of dogs of all ages and sizes, with special considerations for very young, small, large, or elderly dogs. Greater number of dogs with similar characteristics may prompt several smaller groups
12:00 - 2:00 pm - Lunch and Naptime
- Closed to the public during these hours for pick up and drop offs
2:00 - 4:00 pm - Playgroup
4:00 - 5:00 pm - Dinner
5:00 - 7:30 pm - Playgroup