Dog Den is a small facility that can hold a maximum of 25 dogs. Our mission at Dog Den Chicago is to create a personalized home-away-from-home atmosphere for owners and their dogs. By limiting the number of guests we have in our facility we are able to have a close relationship with each of our dog guests, whether its cuddles, one on one play, etc.
Our top priority is safety at Dog Den Chicago. All new potential boarding dogs are required to go through a one-day evaluation process. Before boarding, dogs must go through one day of daycare prior to their stay. During this time your dog will be evaluated by our staff to determine if our facility is a good fit. Evaluations are by appointment only. Evaluation are $32 (the cost of one daycare visit).
In order to participate in an evaluation, our registration forms must be filled out and your dogs vaccination record on file with us. Please see our boarding requirements and what to bring section below.
- All dogs must be up to date on their Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines and remain current during their entire stay. Dogs who do not have all of their vaccines will not be accepted for daycare.
- Puppies that are 8 weeks and have their first round of shots may participate in daycare.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after. Male dogs, even unneutered, can become possessive over a female in heat. Before returning to daycare, females should receive a bath once their heat cycle has finished to wash anyway any lingering smells. If your dog goes into heat during daycare, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your female immediately.
- Fleas can spread easily. We recommend having your dogs on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Dogs must wear a properly fitting flat, martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please bring a collar for them to wear during daycare. If your dog does not come with a collar, you may rent one for $3 per day or buy one for $10 - $15 dollars.
- We do not accept walk-ins or same day reservations. You must have a confirmed reservation at least 24 hours prior. Reservations must be made during business hours.
- Dogs 6 months and older may only have two (2) meals per day, unless medically necessary. Dog’s under 6 months may eat up to 3 meals per day during boarding.
What to Bring
Food: Switching food can cause upset stomachs. Please provide enough food for your dog’s entire stay in reusable bags (zip locks, jewel bags, etc.) Please do not bring food in large containers or brand new bags of food unless it is the full amount needed.
- If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $4 per day.
Medication: We are happy to administer medications or supplements. If your dog needs medication, it is mandatory to make a staff member aware of your dogs medical needs and have detailed written instructions with the name, description of medicine, and the correct dosage on a separate sheet of paper, not just on the bottle. For example, Aqpouel a white pill, once a day in the morning, 16mg).
Belongings: You are welcome to bring toys/blankets from home, but we cannot guarantee they will be in the same condition when you return. Blankets will be supplied if not brought from home with owner's approval. Please limit your dogs to a maximum of one blanket, and one toy. Personal items are not required. We happily supply blankets to dogs that don’t have them.
While your dog is here
6:30 - 7:00 am Morning Go Out
- Our dog guests are enjoying fresh air in our outdoor play yard.
- Dog Den is closed to the public.
7:00 - 8:00 am Breakfast
- Dog Den is open to the public.
- It is important for dogs to digest their meals before playing so we encourage them to relax during this time in their crate after eating.
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Playgroup
All of our dog friendly boarding, daycare, and board and train participants participate in playgroup. We abide by the “crate and rotate” method of group play to reduce the number of dog guests who may become overstimulated and grumpy. Anyone needing a break can have a rest in a quiet area until they are ready to rejoin the group.
*Group size and composition will vary day to day. Playgroup is a mixed group of dogs of all ages and sizes, with special considerations for very young, small, large, or elderly dogs. Greater number of dogs with similar characteristics may prompt several smaller groups
12:00 - 2:00 pm Nap time and Lunch for puppies under 6 months
- Closed to the public.
- Puppies under 6 months will receive lunch.
2:00 - 4:00 pm Playgroup
4:00 - 5:00 pm Dinner
5:00 - 7:30 pm Playgroup
Once our daycare dogs have gone home, the party isn’t over! Our dog friendly guests will continue to play in playgroup and have frequent potty breaks until bedtime. After playtime, our dog guests will go outside for one more potty break then off to their cozy beds for bedtime. Our overnight dogs enjoy soothing music. For the safety of our guests, we have overnight staff.
- Price per night
- $40 each additional dog from the same household
- Pick up by 12pm or an additional daycare charge will be added