Dog Den is a small facility that can hold a maximum of 25 dogs. Our mission at Dog Den Chicago is to create a personalized home-away-from-home atmosphere for owners and their dogs. By limiting the number of guests we have in our facility we are able to have a close relationship with each of our dog guests, whether its cuddles, one on one play, etc.
Our top priority is safety at Dog Den Chicago. All new potential boarding dogs are required to go through a one-day evaluation process. Before boarding, dogs must go through one day of daycare prior to their stay. During this time your dog will be evaluated by our staff to determine if our facility is a good fit. Evaluations are by appointment only. Evaluation are $32 (the cost of one daycare visit).
In order to participate in an evaluation, our registration forms must be filled out and your dogs vaccination record on file with us. Please see our boarding requirements and what to bring section below.
- All dogs must be up to date on their Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines and remain current during their entire stay. Dogs who do not have all of their vaccines will not be accepted for daycare.
- Puppies that are 8 weeks and have their first round of shots may participate in daycare.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after. Male dogs, even unneutered, can become possessive over a female in heat. Before returning to daycare, females should receive a bath once their heat cycle has finished to wash anyway any lingering smells. If your dog goes into heat during daycare, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your female immediately.
- Fleas can spread easily. We recommend having your dogs on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Dogs must wear a properly fitting flat, martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please bring a collar for them to wear during daycare. If your dog does not come with a collar, you may rent one for $3 per day or buy one for $10 - $15 dollars.
- We do not accept walk-ins or same day reservations. You must have a confirmed reservation at least 24 hours prior. Reservations must be made during business hours.
- Dogs 6 months and older may only have two (2) meals per day, unless medically necessary. Dog’s under 6 months may eat up to 3 meals per day during boarding.
What to Bring
Food: Switching food can cause upset stomachs. Please provide enough food for your dog’s entire stay in reusable bags (zip locks, jewel bags, etc.) Please do not bring food in large containers or brand new bags of food unless it is the full amount needed.
- If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $4 per day.
Medication: We are happy to administer medications or supplements. If your dog needs medication, it is mandatory to make a staff member aware of your dogs medical needs and have detailed written instructions with the name, description of medicine, and the correct dosage on a separate sheet of paper, not just on the bottle. For example, Aqpouel a white pill, once a day in the morning, 16mg).
Belongings: You are welcome to bring toys/blankets from home, but we cannot guarantee they will be in the same condition when you return. Blankets will be supplied if not brought from home with owner's approval. Please limit your dogs to a maximum of one blanket, and one toy. Personal items are not required. We happily supply blankets to dogs that don’t have them.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy:
All boarding reservations require a deposit equivalent to one night’s stay that is applied to the final balance. A reservation is not valid without a deposit. We require 24 hour notice for all cancellations. Cancellations made during the 24 hour period will forfeit their deposit. During the holiday season, November 15, 2019- January 15th, 2020 cancellations must be made within 72 hours. Cancellations made within the 72 hour period will forfeit their deposit.
- Price per night
- $40 each additional dog from the same household
- Pick up by 12pm or an additional daycare charge will be added