Our mission at Dog Den Chicago is to create a personalized home-away-from-home atmosphere for owners and their dogs.
- Completed registration form is required prior to your dogs trial day.
- All new boarding dogs are required to go through a trial day of daycare prior to their first boarding stay.
- During this time your dog will be evaluated by our staff to determine if our facility is a good fit.
- Trials are by appointment only and the cost is the same price of one daycare visit.
- Vaccines must be on record prior to the trial day. Vaccines cannot be brought the morning of service.
What to Bring For Your Dog’s Stay
- Food: Enough food for your dog’s entire stay in a reusable bag (zip locks, plastic bag, etc.)
- No large containers, unopened bags or new bags of food unless it is the amount needed
- If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $4 per day.
- Medication: If your dog needs medication, we require detailed written instructions with your dogs name, description of medicine, and the correct dosage on a separate sheet of paper, not just on the bottle. For example: Fido, Aqpouel a white pill, once a day in the morning, 16mg.
Please note: our staff members are not trained veterinary technicians and therefore we have limitations for caring for dogs with medical needs.
- Dogs must be cooperative when taking medication (i.e. will easily take their medicine with food, pill pocket, hot dog, etc.) to ensure they receive their medication.
- If dogs need medicine more than 2 times per day, recommended that the client should board their dog at a vet’s office.
- NO INJECTIONS
- Belongings: You are welcome to bring one toy or blanket from home, but we cannot guarantee the objects will be returned in the same condition when the dog goes home. One blanket and one toy maximum. Personal items are not required.
- Completed Registration and training evaluation.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after their heat cycle. If your dog goes into heat during their board and train program, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your dog immediately.
- Fleas and ticks can spread easily. We recommend having your dog on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Flat Collar: Your dog must wear a properly fitting flat, Martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please provide a proper collar for your dog to wear throughout their stay. During your dog’s Board and Train program we will properly fit them for their training collar.
Deposit and Payment:
All boarding reservations require a deposit equivalent to one night’s stay that is applied to the final balance. A reservation is not valid without a deposit. We require 24-hour notice for all cancellations. Cancellations not made within the 24-hour cancellation period will forfeit their deposit. During holidays we require a 72-hour cancellation notice. If you are having a friend or family member pick up your dog, please prepay prior to pick up.
- Price per night
- $40 each additional dog from the same household
- Pick up is by 12pm. Pick up is available until close with an additional daycare fee.