Dog Den is a small facility that can hold a maximum of 25 dogs. Our mission at Dog Den Chicago is to create a personalized home-away-from-home atmosphere for owners and their dogs. By limiting the number of guests we have in our facility we are able to have a close relationship with each of our dog guests, whether its cuddles, one on one play, etc.
While Your Dog is Here
Your dog will participate in our play groups based on temperament in our indoor and outdoor areas. In addition to playing in our play groups your dog will also receive one on one time from our staff. For the safety of our dogs, we have overnight staff.
Tentative Daily Schedule
7:00 - 8:00 am - Morning Go Out
- Our dog guests are enjoying fresh air in our outdoor play yard.
8:00 - 9:00 am - Breakfast
- Dogs who stay with us overnight will eat at this time
- It is important for dogs to digest their meals before playing so we encourage them to relax during this time in their crate after eating.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm - Playgroup
- All of our boarding, daycare, and board and train participants participate in playgroup. We abide by the “crate and rotate” method of group play to reduce the number of dog guests who may become overstimulated and grumpy. Anyone needing a break can have a rest in a quiet area until they are ready to rejoin the group.
*Group size and composition will vary day to day. Playgroup is a mixed group of dogs of all ages and sizes, with special considerations for very young, small, large, or elderly dogs. Greater number of dogs with similar characteristics may prompt several smaller groups
12:00 - 2:00 pm - Lunch and Naptime
- Closed to the public during these hours for pick up and drop offs
2:00 - 4:00 pm - Playgroup
4:00 - 5:00 pm - Dinner
5:00 - 7:30 pm - Playgroup
Once our daycare dogs have gone home, the party isn’t over! Our dog friendly guests will continue in playgroup and have frequent potty breaks until bedtime. Once all our dog guests will go outside for one more potty break then off to their cozy beds for bedtime. Our overnight dogs enjoy soothing music and we have overnight staff that will continue to let dogs out throughout the night on an as needed basis.
What to Bring
- Food: Switching food can cause upset stomachs. Please provide enough food for your dog’s entire stay in ziplock bags. If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $2 per meal. We recommend bringing extra in case your plans change.
Please no food bowls, scoops or food containers.
- Medication: We are happy to administer medications or supplements. Please have medication in a secure container with details instructions.
- Belongings: You are welcome to bring toys, beds or blankets from home, but we cannot guarantee they will be in the same condition when you return. Blankets will be supplied if not brought from home with owner's approval.
- We welcome puppies that are 8 weeks and have their first round of shots.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after. Male dogs, even unneutered can become possessive over a female in heat. Before returning to daycare, females should receive a bath once their heat cycle has finished to wash anyway any lingering smells.
- Intact males are welcomed, but depending on temperament may not be allowed in playgroup.
- All dogs must be up to date on their Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella and Rabies vaccine and remain current throughout their entire stay. Dogs who are not up to not on their vaccines will not be allowed.
- Fleas can spread easily. We recommend having your dogs on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Dogs must wear a properly fitting flat, martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please bring a collar for them to wear during daycare.
- Dogs are required to wear a properly fitting flat, martingale, or slip collar. If your dog does not have a collar to wear while at Dog Den you are required to rent one for $3 per day at the facility.
- We do not accept walk-ins. You must have a confirmed reservation at least 24 hours prior.
- Price per night
- Only $30 for each additional dog from the same household
- Boarding pick up is by 12pm or an additional daycare charge will apply