Advanced Puppy Training
Intended for puppies aged 4 - 6 months old, this class is designed to teach your puppy some basic commands, and build or encourage good behaviors for your puppy. As one on one private lessons, each puppy and their owners are the focus of the trainer’s time. By participating in our Advanced Puppy Lessons, your puppy will start to learn the basics of obedience behaviors such as: sit, down, coming when called, as well as foundational focusing activities. As your puppy progresses and is ready for distractions, your trainer will begin to add distractions such as other dogs, food, toys, etc.
Puppies have short attention spans. Because of this, the 45 minute long class will be divided between learning, playing, and discussion based on the puppy's energy level in class.
How to prepare for class:
- Your puppy must be on a properly fitting flat collar, slip collar, Martingale or harness and a proper leash. Please no Flexi leashes.
- To maintain good potty training habits, please let your puppy go potty prior to class. Puppies will have potty breaks on an as needed basis.
- During our advanced puppy lessons, puppies will be rewarded heavily with treats. To prevent upset tummies from over feeding, please don’t feed prior to class.
- It is recommended to bring your dogs breakfast, lunch, or dinner to use as rewards. If you think your puppy may not respond to their kibble, please bring a higher value food reward.
- Please bring enough training treats to use for the entire session. We do not supply treats.