Advanced Board & Train
General Boarding Info
Dog Den Chicago only accepts two Board and Train prospects at one time to allocate the most attention and time to each dog in our care. Because of this we recommend reserving a Board and Train spot ahead of when you want your dog to stay with us. The best program for your dog will be determined by the trainer doing your dog’s evaluation.
Dog Den Chicago stands behind their training methods, however, the individual success of you and your dog after leaving their training program depends on your commitment to continue your dog’s training. We cannot make any guarantee for your dog’s success during the training course or after. We encourage all Board and Train participants to join our weekly group class to maintain and further their training. Additional help in the form of Private Lessons is also available.
Advanced Board & Train Details
Advanced Board and Train is a three week long program designed for dogs who know the basics and want a higher level of training and reliability. All dogs in this program will be proficient with an ecollar and be off-leash reliable*. Dogs in this program will further their skills with commands such as place, long distance stays, recalls, sit, down, and loose leash walking, all at a high level of proficiency and reliability. This is not a beginner program. Dog friendly dogs will be allowed to play with our other daycare and boarding dogs in group play. These play groups are a great time for your dog to socialize with other dogs in a controlled environment.
Length of Stay
Your dog will stay at Dog Den for the entire 14 days.
What is Included
- Training collar
- Exit Bath
- 4 transfer lessons while your dog is currently in our Board & Train program
- 3 private lessons once your dog has completed our Board & Train program
- 3 months of Group Classes (weather permitted)
6 months old and older
What to Bring For Your Dog’s Stay
- Food: Enough food for your dog’s entire stay in a reusable bag (zip locks, plastic bag, etc.)
- No large containers, unopened bags or new bags of food unless it is the amount needed
- If you do not supply food there will be an additional charge of $4 per day.
- Medication: If your dog needs medication, we require detailed written instructions with your dogs name, description of medicine, and the correct dosage on a separate sheet of paper, not just on the bottle. For example: Fido, Aqpouel a white pill, once a day in the morning, 16mg.
Please note: our staff members are not trained veterinary technicians and therefore we have limitations for caring for dogs with medical needs.
-Dogs must be cooperative when taking medication (i.e. will easily take their medicine with food, pill pocket, hot dog, etc.) to ensure they receive their medication.
-If dogs need medicine more than 2 times per day, recommended that the client should board their dog at a vet’s office.
- NO INJECTIONS
- Belongings: You are welcome to bring one toy or blanket from home, but we cannot guarantee the objects will be returned in the same condition when the dog goes home. One blanket and one toy maximum. Personal items are not required.
- Completed Registration and training evaluation.
- Intact females are welcomed, however not during a heat cycle or for 2 weeks before or after their heat cycle. If your dog goes into heat during their board and train program, you will be contacted and asked to pick up your dog immediately.
- Fleas and ticks can spread easily. We recommend having your dog on flea and tick prevention as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Flat Collar: Your dog must wear a properly fitting flat, Martingale or slip style collar. If your dog normally wears a harness, please provide a proper collar for your dog to wear throughout their stay. During your dog’s Board and Train program we will properly fit them for their training collar.
Dogs wishing to enter this program must have completed a Basic or Behavior Modification Board and Train Program within 6 months or have successfully completed a series of Private Lessons, and pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test. Upon passing the Test, clients may sign up for the Advanced Board and Train. Certificates for passing the Test may be available upon request for an additional fee paid to the AKC.
Deposit and Payment:
We require a nonrefundable deposit of 30%. The remaining balance will be divided into two payments: half of the balance on day-one (drop off), and the remaining balance on the last day of Board & Train (pick up).
Currently we do not have a cancellation policy for all Board and Train programs. Deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable to another service.